PRIORITY AXIS VIII PROTECTION OF CULTURAL HERITAGE AND DEVELOPMENT OF CULTURAL RESOURCES
The Infrastructure and Environment Programme 2014-2020 is the largest EU programme, which is financed by the Cohesion Fund and the European Regional Development Fund. Within the Programme there are implemented infrastructure projects of national or international significance regarding environmental preservation, transport, energy security, as well as health care and cultural heritage.
Infrastructure projects in the field of culture in 2014 - 2020 will be implemented within the framework of priority axis VIII Protection of cultural heritage and development of cultural resources, for which the Intermediate Body is the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage.
As a part of the VIII axis of the Operational Programme Infrastructure and Environment 2014-2020 it will be possible to implement projects mainly in the field of cultural heritage preservation: restoration of monuments along with the environment, conservation of movable monuments, historic parks and gardens. In addition, funding will be allowed for projects aimed at reconstruction and development of cultural institutions, art schools and universities intended for cultural purposes.
TYPES OF BENEFICIARIES:
1. Cultural institutions (state and co-lead by the Minister of Culture and National Heritage).
2. Head Office of State Archives and the state archives.
3. Art schools and universities conducted and supervised by the Minister of Culture and National Heritage.
4. Art schools conducted by local government units and local government units to art schools (on behalf of schools).
5. Local government units and local cultural institutions
6. Non-governmental organizations
7. Churches and religious associations (only for projects concerning the preservation and restoration of movable and immovable monuments).
8. Entities managing the objects individually inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage Site, other than those referred to in paragraphs 1-7
In the case of the beneficiaries listed in Sections 5 - 8 can be implemented only:
1. Projects sites inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List or recognized by the President as the Monuments of History and located in the areas covered by the entry on the UNESCO World Heritage Site and located in areas considered Monuments of the President of Poland.
2. Projects comprising within the scope of the following thematic areas:
- projects for conservation, restoration and restoration of wooden monuments (both fixed and mobile);
- projects for the development of reading in the provincial cities;
- projects for the development of contemporary and / or modern art in provincial cities;
- projects for their conservation, restoration and adaptation for cultural purposes and protection against theft and destruction of movable and immovable monuments;
- projects resulting from territorial contracts.
TYPES OF PROJECTS
- Conservation, restoration and construction work at buildings, historical areas and complexes of these facilities and in their surroundings.
- Extension, reconstruction and repair of not historical infrastructure aimed at cultural activities, art education, archives.
- Purchase of durable equipment to conduct cultural activities, including artistic education and the implementation of conservation works.
- The creation and modernization of permanent exhibitions.
- Protection and preservation of historic gardens and parks.
- Conservation of movable monuments and historical museums, old books, libraries, library materials, archives and audiovisual collections (including films) and protecting them as well as making them available through the digitization process.
- Protection of facilities against theft and destruction.
- Extension, reconstruction and repair of the premises or facilities for the purpose of storage studio.
THE VALUE OF THE PROJECT
The total ERDF allocation for projects under Priority axis VIII Protection Of Cultural Heritage And Development Of Cultural Resources of the Operational Programme Infrastructure and Environment 2014-2020:
467,3 million euros, including Mazovia: 50,8 million euros.
The grant rate is 85% (80% for Mazovia).
The maximum value of the projects - 5 million euros (for the sites inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List, located in the area of UNESCO - 10 million euros).
Minimum value of the project - 2 million euros, excluding:
- projects implemented by cultural institutions (state and co-lead by the Minister of Culture and National Heritage), the Head Office of State Archives and the state archives, art schools and universities conducted and supervised by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage, art schools conducted by the local government units and local government units to art schools,
- projects relating to the purchase of durable equipment.
For these projects, the minimum is 0,5 million euros.
Detailed information about Priority axis VIII Protection of cultural heritage and development of cultural resources of the Operational Programme Infrastructure and Environment 2014-2020 is available from the staff of the Department for European Affairs and Funds of the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage: tel. 0-22 42 10 302, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The website is co-financed by the EU Cohesion Fund and the state budget within the Technical Assistance Operational Programme Infrastructure and Environment 2014-2020.
The Ministry of Culture and National Heritage - Department for European Affairs and Funds, ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 15/17, 00-071 Warsaw, Poland